Students/Parents » Parent FAQ'S

Parent FAQ'S

My family is new to the County. What documentation do I need before I register my child(ren) in Prince George County Schools?

Please be prepared to provide the following documentation:
  • Certified state issued birth certificate
  • Comprehensive physical examination (K-5 only)
  • Immunization Record
  • Proof of Residency
  • Previous school records
  • Court issued custody papers (if applicable)
Please call the Main Office for any further registration questions.

How can I keep up with my child's grades?

All parents have the ability to view their child's current academic progress by using Synergy ParentVUE / StudentVUE.  If you already have a Parent Portal account, you may access your account by logging in here.  If you do not have an account, or you are not sure how to use ParentVUE / StudentVUE, please contact your child's school. You may also use Synergy ParentVUE / StudentVUE to email you child's teacher, check attendance records, and other important functions.

What grading scale does Prince George County Public Schools use?

The grading scale for all Prince George County Public Schools is as follows:
  • A: 90 - 100
  • B: 80 - 89
  • C: 70 - 79
  • D: 60 - 69
  • F: 0 - 68

Is there an easy way to manage my child's lunch account?

Yes! Parents may easily load money onto their child's lunch account by using My School Bucks, along with other simple ways to pre-load money onto the lunch account. Please refer to the County's Food & Nutrition Service Pre-Payment Options webpage for more information. A link to this page can be found in the Parents menu of the navigation row at the top of the page.